- Alerted to an incident on the Brooklyn Bridge, the Avengers confronted the Wrecking Crew, four of the 25 super villains that escaped from the Raft. The Avengers were able to defeat and capture Bulldozer, Piledriver and Thunderball, but the Wrecker was able to escape.
- The Avengers reviewed the footage from the Raft breakout and determined that Electro was responsible. Iron Man was able to track Electro to Boston where the Avengers were able to apprehend him after a short battle. Electro confirmed he had been hired by Viper to break out the Silver Samurai. He also mentioned that Viper was allied with the ninja of The Hand.
- Nick Fury spoke with Captain America privately to tell him that the Red Skull had been killed. S.H.I.E.L.D. technicians determined that he had been shot with a high-powered sniper rifle from a building across from the apartment he was using. They also found a display case attached to a high-tech receiver. While they were unable to determine it’s exact purpose, they were able to confirm that receiver was connected to other devices located in New York, London and Paris.
- Captain America led a team of S.H.I.E.L.D. technicians into the New York sewer system and found AIM scientists, led by the villain Crossbones, arming a large explosive device. Captain America fought Crossbones but was unable to apprehend him due to him activating the bomb. Realizing that the bomb was being powered by the local electrical supply, Captain America cut the connecting wires, preventing an explosion.
- A S.H.I.E.L.D. team, led by Sharon Carter, reached the Paris site in time to prevent the bomb there being detonated. The team sent to the London site, led by Union Jack, arrived too late to prevent a third party killing the A.I.M. technicians and taking the explosive device. One of the people responsible was found dead at the scene, and S.H.I.E.L.D. were working on identifying him.