United Nations Building
- An attack on the United Nations headquarters by the terrorist organisation Hydra is stopped when Iron Man and Spider-Man team up. The captured Hydra soldiers are taken to the Raft, a prison specialising in the incarceration of super-villains.
- Mr. Fantastic arranges a meeting with Beast to discuss the Sentry. Mr. Fantastic explains that he recently began remembering a super-hero called the Sentry but had been unable to find anyone else who remembered him, or any mention of him online. He knew that the Sentry’s secret identity was Robert Reynolds and could find records of him, but nothing linking him to the Sentry. The only mention of the Sentry he could find was within the S.H.I.E.L.D. databases, where a person calling himself the Sentry had handed himself over for imprisonment, claiming to have killed his wife. Beast agreed to meet the Sentry, currently held aboard the Raft, to see if he would remember anything about him.
- An electrical disturbance caused all power to the Raft to be cut, freeing all the prisoners aboard. Beast found himself attacked by Mr. Hyde and Carnage, and would have been killed had the Sentry not intervened. The Sentry grabbed Carnage and flew through the roof and into the sky.
- Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man and Storm arrived at the raft and engaged a large group of super-villains attempting to escape. Working together as a team, and joined by the Beast, they were able to apprehend the majority of this group, but several other villains escaped in the confusion.
- Seeing this gathering of heroes as a sign, Captain America suggested they form a new team of Avengers and all agreed to join. Iron Man offered the use of one of his buildings in New York as their head quarters and provided access to a Quinjet to allow speedy transportation.